- Join Dying with Dignity Tasmania, if you’re not already a member, and encourage others to join. We are a not-for-profit organisation run entirely by volunteers and your membership or other contribution goes directly towards our activities, including information material, campaign costs and community information presentations.
Our financial year is from 1st June to 31st May. Members receive 3 or 4 newsletters per year and we keep our subscription fees low. You can download a membership and renewal form here and contact us if you have difficulties. Please contact us if you want copies of our pamphlet that includes a membership application.
- Consider making a donation to help us better promote advance care and end-of-life planning and law reform that provides choice and respect for your right to make decisions about your life according to your own beliefs and values.
- Tell your representatives in the Tasmanian Parliament that you support the choice of voluntary assisted dying and want them to vote for the legislation when it comes before the Parliament later this year. You can write, phone or email. We suggest you also tell them why you support it.To find who your representatives are in both the House of Assembly and the Legislative Council, go to the website of the Tasmanian Electoral Commission at http://www.electoral.tas.gov.au/pages/ElectoralInformationMain.html. You will find links to each of your representatives with contact details.
- Talk to your friends and family about the proposed voluntary assisted dying legislation and why you support it. Pass on the latest news and encourage them to contact their Parliamentary representatives if they support the choice of voluntary assisted dying. You can keep up to date with the latest news through the website or Facebook or by contacting us.
- Talk to your friends and family about the importance of advance care and end-of-life planning and what DwDTas can do to help. Read more…